Preparation for Disaster Talk
This talk looks at the reasons and ways that you might prepare for disaster. I cover a number of areas, some of which might seem obvious, but are often overlooked:
- What is a disaster?
- Why Prepare for Disaster?
- Overview of SLAs
- Backups as insurance for issues
- Checks for corruption
- A checklist of skills to practice
- Scripting and scheduling
This talk was built at the request of Red Gate Software, my employer, so I have also included a few demos in the talk:
- Object Level Restore with Data Compare
- Quick overview of SQL Backup Pro
- Running DBCC using Virtual Restore
I can also do this talk without the Red Gate demos at a 75 minute pace.
Length: 60 Minutes
Specific Decks for Events:
SQL in the City – LA 2011
SQL Server Connections
I have a number of blogs that are related to this particular talk: