It was a busy year for me. As I look back at my speaking CV for 2013, here’s what I see:
- Richmond SQL Server User Group
- SQL in the City Seminar – Richmond, VA
- SQL Saturday #187 – Richmond, VA
- SQL Bits XI – Nottingham (event May 2-4)
- SQL in the City Seminar – Stairway to Development, Sacramento, CA
- SQL Saturday #222 – Sacramento
- SQL in the City Seminar, San Diego
- SQL Saturday San Diego
- SQL in the City Seminar – Denver – The Stairway to Database Deployment
- SQL Saturday #190 – Denver
- DevConnections Fall
- SQL in the City 2013 – Pasadena, CA
- SQL in the City 2013 – Atlanta, GA
- SQL Saturday #227 – Charleston
- SQL in the City 2013 – Charlotte, NC
- Denver SQL Server User Group
- SQL Intersection Fall 2013
- SQL in the City Seminar – Portland – Stairway to Deployment
- SQL Saturday #265 Oregon
- SQL in the City Seminar – Washington DC – Stairway to Deployment
- SQL Saturday #233 – Washington DC
What a year. I also had two trips for Red Gate in here that didn’t involve any speaking.
For the year, this gives me totals of
- 30 events
- 20 trips (2 non-speaking)
- 58 talks
Wow. The busiest year by far for me. Almost 60k miles in the air, which is the most I’ve ever flown. I know some people do a lot more, but this was quite a bit for me.
The upsides of the year were meeting lots of neat people, getting to 6 or 7 new cities I’ve never seen, and not traveling in January, and only a short, business trip in August.
I don’t know what next year will bring. In the first quarter of 2014, I’ve already got 3 or 4 trips tentatively planned along with a couple local events. I suspect I may end up with more trips next year, but likely no more events or days gone from home as I aim for shorter trips whenever possible.