My company, Red Gate software, has given me a 6 week sabbatical. I’m documenting the time with all the posts under a tag if you want to follow along.
This is it for the sabbatical. Technically I have tomorrow, but I fly to the UK and have a few errands to run in the am, so I won’t get a chance to do anything else.
However I did "finish" the pole today in a sense. It has a first coat of paint on it, and technically it could be raised if I had a base.
The day started with more primer. My daughter helped me get another coat on the pole after I filled a few holes and sanded the entire thing down with 220 grit sandpaper. We primed it all over and then headed to the store.
When we got back, I put a coat on 2/3 of the pole before heading off to work on other chores. I had a lot I wanted to get done, and I forgot a few supplies, but I kept busy for an hour before flipping the pole and putting a first coat on the rest of the pole.
That was it. I had to just cover up the pole and tie it down for a week. I head to the UK tomorrow for a week, so I won’t be able to sand and paint it again until next weekend. Then I’m hoping to go visit a friend and see about getting the base built from metal.