This page lists all the various talks and presentations that I’ve given or plan to give, including keynote talks. If you want to see me speak, please check my speaking schedule, or send me a note through SQLServerCentral (sjones) or on Twitter (@way0utwest).
SQL Server Presentations
Here are the various SQL presentations that I’ve done over the years. You can check the speaking schedule to see when I might do these in the future, but please feel free to send a note if you’d like to see one of these or if you have questions.
- A Practical Approach to Version Control
- AlwaysOn and Contained Database in SQL Server 2012
- Automated Database Build and Test
- Avoiding a DBA’s Worst Days with Monitoring
- Beginning SQL Server
- Best Practices for Database Deployment
- Common Problems in Backup and Recovery
- Common SQL Server Mistakes
- Contained Databases in 2012
- Continuous Integration for Databases
- Core Monitoring for SQL Server
- Database Maintenance Essentials
- The Encryption Primer
- End to End Always Encrypted
- Filestream and Filetable in SQL Server
- Get Your Database Under Version Control
- Get Testing with tSQLt
- Getting Control of Your Instances with Policy Based Management
- Getting Started with Encryption in SQL Server 2016
- Intermediate T-SQL: Window Functions
- Intermediate T-SQL: PIVOT, UNPIVOT, and APPLY
- Intermediate T-SQL: Writing Cleaner Code
- Maintaining High Performance When Using Encryption
- Preparation for Disaster
- Prepare for When Disaster Strikes
- Searching Binary Data in SQL Server
- Team-based Database Development with Version Control
- Testing T-SQL Made Easy
- The Top Ten Skills You Need for SQL Server
- Unstructured Data in SQL Server
- Using Automated Tests to Raise Code Quality
- Your First Week as a DBA
Please feel free to suggest something as well. I’ve worked in a lot of areas of SQL Server, but haven’t built presentations on all of the areas in which I have experience.
Creating Your First Technical Speaking Opportunity – Learn how to get started speaking.
Branding Yourself for a Dream Job – The Modern Resume – Learning ways to better market yourself and present yourself as a capable employee in your particular industry. I talk about networking, blogging, and more. This talk has it’s own blog at themodernresume.com.
Mostly for me to keep handy, but here’s my official bio:
Steve Jones has been working with databases and computers for over two decades. He has primarily worked with SQL Server since 1991, from v4.2 through SQL Server 2014. He has been a DBA and developers in a variety of large and small companies and industries. In 2001 Steve founded SQLServerCentral with two partners and has been publishing technical articles and facilitating discussions among SQL Server professionals ever since. He currently is the full time editor of SQLServerCentral, owned by Red Gate Software. Steve is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP and lives on a horse ranch in Colorado.